Sunday 30 August 2009

Quilting practice




A very dear friend offered to make a sample of one of my patterns and this is the result. I was thrilled with her efforts and all the applique was done by hand. I did ask if I could borrow it for teaching as I loved the way she spread the border design out around each block. (a little different to mine)
Of course she allowed me this honour so in return I offered to quilt her quilt for her.............I actually don't usually enjoy machine quilting..... I always find it so hard deciding what design to do. I love a 1"grid behind applique but because of the time this takes I usually resort to free-motion.

So I have had a wonderful time practicing feathers and this is the result. I found that the feathers surrounded the applique quite fast - most satisfying to me as I am so impatient! So today I returned the completed quilt only to find I had missed a little section!
Well it was tears all round as her dear husband had made this beautiful chest of drawers for me in return. It was just so exciting and I was so touched by this gesture as it was not expected and I was the one who wanted to return a favour for borrowing the quilt top. So I have had fun filling the drawers with all my embroidery threads tonight - YUM and I feel so lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good, you only get better with practice

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Beautiful as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The applique and quilting are both beautiful! Good job ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The applique and quilting is absolutely beautiful. I found out about your blog because Naomi Vela sent me over and you were in the hospital with her. I also hope you get better. Love and Hugs Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What a stunning quilt. Will we see this at Beating Around The Bush?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x