Saturday 2 January 2010

Happy New Year

Well the internet is working at the moment....still a little touchy and I've lost a week's worth of emails as my account was cancelled by my provider by accident. Anyway I have had time to complete the ten projects for the next book. There will be two large sampler bed quilts, two wallhangings, a table runner, tablecloth, cushion,two nursery quilts and book covers. Six wonderful friends have helped me as well and I am so grateful to them.
For Chritmas I got a brand new camera which I am thrilled with. The decorations are all packed up for another year and this photo even shows my reflection in the baubles!! I am looking forward to taking many photos on our trip to Britain and Russia later this year. I am especially looking forward to finally seeing Kelmscott and some William Morris countryside including a visit to his grave.

A little diversion from William Morris......... I have also been trying to get this quilt finished for Quilt Encounter this year: http://www.saquilters.org.au/quilt-encounter.htm
I've been working on it on and off for nearly two years and I still need to design the setting triangles but probably won't do a border for this one.
Now a name for it......... Maybe 'Arabesque in Blue'?

So Happy New Year to you all......may it be full of good health, happy times and lots of stitching

10 comments:

  1. Great photos! What type of camera did you get for Christmas?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad to hear there is going to be a new book! I hope you get this message and I also wanted to say Thanks for stoping by my place. Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the internet problems are really fixed, there's nothing more irritating than having to sort that out all the time.
    The new top will be beautiful, looking forward to seeing the progress on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Michele!

    I can't wait for your next book!

    Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments girls.......so lovely to hear from people the other side of the world!! And for the record - I got a Nikon D3000 with an extra zoom lens (for those amazing architectural designs in Russia this year!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is really beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear michele how excting Russia and the u.k.
    i have often thought i would like to go to St, petersburg
    what made you decide to go to russia.
    just intrigued is the quilts or the czar architure
    lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. o and i am very excited about the new book any ideas when it will be out. lorraine
    sorry to be anm. but i cannot work out how to join

    ReplyDelete
  9. what about symphony in blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x