Wednesday 28 April 2010

V&A find and gift

Last month I received an email from Jacquie in the UK who had gone to see the Quilt Exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London - her camera was handy and look what she found in the book shop - WOW - very exciting!!



Visit Jacquie's website and see the amazing work she does (and she is also doing a book!)
Link to website; http://www.jacquieharvey.co.uk/
Her work is just stunning and all hand quilted - she has won numerous awards for her work and I can't wait to meet her in Birmingham in August. We have been a great support to one another while writing our books :-)
This would be one of my favourite pieces of her work - just exquisite

And today I received a gift from Marilyn who lives in Salem, South Carolina. I had sent her something to help her with a William Morris project and look what she sent me as a thankyou:

Just beautiful and it is filled with
heavenly smelling beads (I am yet to find out what they are!)

1 comment:

  1. your book is on my list of books to buy - and now you say you are coming out with a second one! I better get busy and buy your first one. Do you sell them from your site or do I need to find one somewhere else?
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x