Tuesday 1 June 2010

It has been all up-hill

Yes it has been all up-hill this past week! I received am email today from a lady in Melbourne who has been "watching over" me for quite sometime. Alison is an enthusiastic Morris devotee as well and her email was simply 'Are you ok'? Why ever did she ask me that and then I realised it was probably because I hadn't blogged for over a week! So here Alison this is for you!! (And also you who are reading this as well!)
A couple of pictures from the new book to tempt you!



I hit the wall on Sunday night.....the cause.....the book of course! Like the first book I decided it was like giving birth - many months of 'discomfort' and then the final weeks of a very long labour! So it is that we are in the middle of the 'labour' part - but I am doing it for you William Morris!!
Due out October

To everyone who stops by my blog may I say a huge THANKYOU...........I am humbled by your support and appreciate all your wonderful comments especially about the fabrics.

This week I have also enjoyed reading about Spring Quilt market and I am amazed at all the new talent out there. If you just google 'Spring Quilt Market' and look up 'blogs' there are pages and pages of news. The colours in the US are so very pretty at the moment. I can see why Jason wanted more pinks in the Adelaide collection but Tim and I asked him to tone the pinks down!
I will leave you with another Morris image.......yum!

I came across this image from a 2005 London Cycling campaign newsletter. You could take a bike ride from The Red House in Bexley to the William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow by canal paths, green lanes and ferry  - what a divine day!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Michele,
    I'm so looking forward to seeing your new book. I have the first one, haven't wen anything out of it yet, but love to browsing it over and over again :) The applique motives are so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typing error: I meant to write ...haven't sewn anything... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait till October!!

    Thank you for the sneak peeks!!

    I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, Those photos from the new book are just scrumptious! Am so looking forward to it.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luscious is the word that pops into my mind when I look at the pictures. Your work, designs, and the colors are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see little bits of the up coming book! It will be a great success! Sharonj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stole my heart...adding your new book to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michele,
    Found your blog today and first I want to compliment you with your beautiful quilts. I ordered your first book and am looking forward to see it. And second I was very happy to see you are making such beautiful quilts not by hand but with the blanket stitch, on the machine. Sometimes I get the feeling you have to do applique by hand, but I love to work on the machine! I feel very inspired by you, thank you. I never read about W. Morris but I did this morning for at least 1hour and 1/2. I can see why he inspired you. I will follow you through your blog. Do you design fabrics too?
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x