Wednesday 29 February 2012

More from Taupo

One of the highlights for me today was visiting the Lava Glass gallery.....and also a first for me to be bringing home a piece of art work. Lynden Over is a New Zealand glass artist (and sorry I can't put a link to his website...I will do that tomorrow as it is so worth visiting), - anyway Lynden recreates incredible glass art layer by layer and each piece reflects the geographical landscape of New Zealand. I have found a piece from his Volcanic series 'Huka Falls' that will sit pride of place in the centre of our dark dining table. It reflects the colours and movement that we saw at Huka falls today - and the icing on the cake was being able to see Lynden at work and also scoring a photo of him holding our piece - wow! I will put links on the blog tomorrow - you must visit




This afternoon we had a last visit to the Cleverhands quilt shop and caught up with Maria and her William Morris inspired work.....just beautiful. Enjoy and thank you Maria for letting me share it.....





And a look at the Thermal power plant that we also visited today with Sue. Thankyou so very much Sue for completing our visit to this region of New Zealand.
 Quite surreal to see the steam coming out of the ground
 And what a stunning sunflower...not sure I have seen this colour before

Enjoy your week wherever you are

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x