Monday 22 October 2012

Day 1 in New York

We arrived late yesterday in the mighty New York and here is how it went.......the line up of toll booths as we arrived in the city....
 and then the traffic...and my goodness there is a LOT of it!! So much tooting of horns and people everywhere. We were told that only 25% (or thereabouts) of New York residents have a car so the mode of transport is taxis....yellow, yellow everywhere and I think they do the most tooting......
After checking in to our hotel we headed down to Times Square for a bite to eat and then a "must do show" on Broadway.



 We headed down Broadway and look what we saw first....it is still going for you Faye! And for those of you who don't know Faye - she has seen this show about 6 times I think??? Sorry Faye - not sure of your score but I know it has been many times and in different cities around the world!

On our way heading to 42nd Street there were visual sights and sounds everywhere...and more people!!


















 Our little grandson just loves Elmo so I chased him for a photo...this is just for you Beau.....
And then it was time for one of the most incredible shows I have ever seen! Everything about it left me spellbound and I had the biggest grin on my face for two and a half hours!

The New Amsterdam theatre on 42nd Street was treat in itself. Apparently it is the oldest theatre on Broadway........









And this was the wallpaper in the ladies restrooms (I have had to start calling them that as I get a blank look when I ask where the 'loos' are!!)

I was on such a high after the show but the camera continued to click........

 The line-up at a Halal stand........and it was 11pm....
 Check out the car park prices......



Today was another early start and the camera took over 240 photos! I will do this post shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Can't imagine how you will settle back into little old Adelaide again, be a bit tame! Thanks for the trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x