Tuesday 30 October 2012

More quilts from Houston

I want to share some of our  Aussie talent on display here at the quilt show ........




The following quilts are all made and donated by award winning quilt artists from around Australia. They will to be auctioned for charity...such a generous and selfless thing to do......... 
Linda's beautiful embroidered crazy patchwork..........

 Your quilt looks amazing Rachelle!







More Aussie talent from my home town.........
 Rachelle's is on the right.........

 Rachelle's is on the right again (I need to go back and get close-ups)
Elizabeth lives very close to me back home........


 And Mary is another talented artist from my home town........


 Linda is another friend who is currently preparing for her daughter's wedding!



There is an amazing installation made up of 1,482 cotton reels to celebrate Coats & Clark's 200 years.........








Quilt Market is over - I didn't take many photos of the booths as I felt it intrusive as I wasn't a shop owner purchasing. But I did get a photo of Jason working at his booth. Behind him is his new collection of beautiful batiks........



And this side of the booth showcased his brand new modern solids. They are  simply divine - so soft and the solid colour on the back. The threads are uniquely dyed to create a little texture as well..........

 I had lunch with a fellow author and internet friend.....Jeanne Sullivan who does the most beautiful appliqué enhanced with embroidery. Her brand new book is amazing and includes a CD of bonus patterns and templates. Simply Successful Appliqué is a technique book and it is so full of embroidery and applique ideas, and she shows how her needle-turn appliqué can be done by hand or machine. She is a sweetie as well and I am sure would be an amazing teacher.....and she is teaching at Festival.......

I will share some more of my favourite quilt photos in the coming days. All the best to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy...stay safe xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me see my quilts hanging at the show, Michele. What a wonderful time you are having. I loved seeing all those Houston Skyscrapers again too.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x