Sunday 9 December 2012

More Morris in Adelaide

First of all - thank you to those of you who emailed and commented with that last post - it will help me. The stitching has begun and tonight I was wondering why I wasn't using wool thread on my wool appliqué.....so I might have to try that. For now I have been using a variegated perle cotton.......


But this post is really about the Art Gallery of South Australia's gift shop........and as promised here are the photos. It has been decorated in William Morris wallpaper...Brer Rabbit and just in time for Christmas. Thanks to the staff for allowing me to take photos to share with you......


 I had a lovely lunch at the Gallery introducing Beau to my delightful Aunt Shirley and my cousin Kirsten....they spied something in the corner...........







 Then I took Beau for a look at Christmas in our Mall............

 Our famous balls............


 A sign of a letter posted to the man with the beard by a little one.......




 Our mall also has four delightful pigs. They have the most wonderful names....Horatio, Truffles, Oliver and Augusta......





So I hope this finds you well and happy in your part of the world - till next time take care X


2 comments:

  1. I love the variegated pearl cotton so far. The stem stitching is great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not use both wool and cotton for the applique, it will add a bit more texture. I'm going to plan a visit to the Art Gallery of SA, it will be somewhere nice to take my sister, and I hear that the cafe there is quite good as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x