Wednesday 24 July 2013

Homeward bound

I have over 2 hours to wait for my flight to Auckland and then an overnight stay before the morning flight home to Adelaide. So today while waiting for the evening flight I have had the opportunity to spend a little more time in Taupo.  The weather on my walk was dull and misty and very cold, so we were certainly luckier when we first arrived....this is the view across the lake and no snow topped mountains to be seen today.........
 The committed golfers were still out trying to get that hole in one out in the lake! This was a Dad teaching the next generation........


I decided to visit the Taupo Museum where there was several textile related displays. This is the 12 x 12 Red Challenge and the winner with detail........



Next was some work from Gwen Marsten and her collection is entitled 37 Sketches. It was a wonderful space for them to be exhibited.....




The Museum also has a garden - the Ora Garden of Wellbeing which was originally displayed at the 2004 Chelsea flower show......





Then it was a return visit to our favourite cafe (just for you Larry xx). I loved this board at the entrance.........
 I came across some more traders who still had their window quilt displays. Very appropriate quilt in the watchmaker/clock shop window...........

 Even the bike shop joined in............
 A stunning quilt in the florist shop............
with very 'William Morris' like flowers.........just beautiful......



 

Fabulous artwork on the back of a building.........

 Another quilt in a shop window.....
 and a very creative seat outside the ski shop.........


So thanks for sharing in my time at the 2013 New Zealand Quilt Symposium. Think of me when the alarm goes off at 4.15am!

3 comments:

  1. 6You are such a wonderful roving ambassador Michele. So glad you enjoyed your second visit to Aotearoa. Come back again.

    Alison. (Rotorua)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your trip - I have so enjoyed looking at all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed your visit to New Zealand. I was entertained by your lecture, and love your work. I have linked to you in my latest blogpost, and look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x