Monday 18 August 2014

A grand finale - Part 1

Today has indeed been a very grand day starting with Windsor Castle which I just loved. The crowds can be a bit off putting but you just have to go with the flow and see what you can………













 There was a 25 minute wait to see Queen Mary's Doll's House which is quite spectacular complete with electricity and plumbing. Sadly a very large crowd of girls would not move from prime position while I was there so I think one day I might have to treat myself to a book about it. No photos are allowed inside the castle but the grounds are enough…...





 Glad he had some shelter because one minute there was sunshine and the next it poured……...
 Under the arch is the delightful moat gardens and I managed some shots before the rain…….











 Paul and Penny dodging the showers…...


 If you look carefully you can see me in the reflection balancing an umbrella and a very heavy camera!



A very grand day indeed but wait until you see our very grand night! 

1 comment:

  1. Just love all the roses in and amongst the gardens, well, except for the ORANGE ones. Have never seen such a rose color. Your reflection is great, looks more like you are looking in....

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x